I painted the office this weekend. It’s been used the last 2 years as a “storage” room since we installed the floors here, I moved so quickly into finishing the basement 0 this never got done. Sad. Consider it conquered after this post.
I started by covering the floor. I was careful not use anything new for the floor covering, creating demand for plastic by buying it from Home Depot is not only a waste of money – but a bad choice for the environment. Here is a photo of the assortment of items I was able to dig up to use to protect the floor:
The corners are the hardest part of any room painting project – right? So I bought an As Seen On TV gadget on super clearance at Ross a couple weeks back and I wanted to offer a quick review of it .
It was waste of the $1.99 I spent on it. Sad Day. It didn’t get really close to the corners as promised on TV.
When I tried putting more paint on the corner – it applied too much paint and made a mess.
Halfway through the project I returned to trusty blue painters tape and was able to create a very nice line.
This painting project didn’t just require a new coat of paint. In order for this room to be complete – I needed to protect the Windowsill. Here is an image of all the damage:
because I was concerned about time (one weekend) and preventing further damage to this windowsill, I used products I already had at the house… sadly not the “greenest” products – but green because I didn’t buy anything new.
First I sanded the windowsill with some sanding paper I picked up at the Habitat Restore last summer:
and then I sealed it with:
This was the before I moved in photo:
Here is the Before I Painted:
Here is the after painting:
I’m NOT done decorating by any means – but quite an improvement and I’m finally able to USE the space!